SPRL is actively seeking partnerships within academia, government organizations, and with industry. SPRL is positioned to work with faculty across the University, from Central Campus up to North Campus. SPRL has a long history of successfully working with government and industry partnerships.
Current and Past Projects in SPRL’s portfolio include:
- CYGNSS (Earth Orbiting Constellation): GNS/R bistatic radar system; partnership with Southwest Research Institute
- SO-HIS (Solar Orbiter): Heavy ion sensor for solar wind; partnership with Southwest Research Institute
- PIMS (Europa Multiple Flyby): Plasma instrument for magnetic sounding for ice thickness, ocean depth, salinity; partnership with Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- PIXL (Mars 2020 Rover) X-Ray lithochemistry: soil and rock composition; partnership with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- QB50 (ISS/NanoRacks Launched CubeSat): 2 Full CubeSats to carry FIPEX instrument for molecular and atomic oxygen
- MOMA/MS (EXO-Mars): Mass spectrometer for Mars; partnership with NASA’s Goddard Spaceflight Center
- MAVEN/NGIMS Electronics (Mars Orbiter): Neutral gas and ion mass spectrometer; partnership with NASA’s Goddard Spaceflight Center
- MSL/SAM (Curiosity Rover): Analog Electronics, C&DH, for mass spec, gas chromatograph, laser spec., Main Electronics Board
- LADEE/NMS Electronics (Lunar Orbiter): Main Electronics Board Development Lead, mass spectometry
- Phoenix/TEGA Electronics (Mars lander) Joint Development with Battel Engineering
- MESSENGER/FIPS Instrument (Mercury): Instrument Developer, Operator; partnership with Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
Getting started with XTRM
Have a project idea? Reach out to email@example.com to discuss how SPRL can help you achieve your goals.
Are you a student or educator?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you.